Friday, October 14, 2011

"Reflection on the three weeks"

During the previous three weeks in EDU401, I have learned so many benift things that I didn't know how to use these things before.
At the beginning, I felt this course is very difficult for me but now I think it's very interesting and enjoyable course that I have taken. 
First thing, I learned how to use yahoo groups, blogs, wikis, delicious and google reader. These websites are important and helpful to the students and their teachers. It's playing important roles because they can communicate with each others and can improve students' knowledge and their information. I learned how can I create an account in social networks such as yahoo, gmail, blogs, delicious,  wikispeaces and twitter.  I joined as a member in yahoo groups and I learned how to write something on these websites. For example, I write a paragraph about myself and I post it on the yahoo groups then I write a comment about others introduction. Also, I create my album to put my  photos there. This website helps the students to improve their reading and writing. Also, it's help them to increase their vocabulary and knowledge by using the file area and links in yahoo groups and read the topics that the teacher is uploaded on it. 
Second thing, I learned how to create blog post and how I designed  my blog page by putting some picture and background and how can I change it and how I put a hyperlink to my post. This website help me and other students to develop or improve writing skills as well as reading skills.
Finally, I learned to use delicious by creating account on it and I put some links that benifit for me in english but in wikispeace I introduce myself and I put picture. These two websites helps the students to collaborate and to communicate with each others and make group discussion if they have any problems or when the teacher uploaded the assignment or some topics.
I love the idea of using these websites to teach language.

1 comment:

Hala said...

I am glad you find the course interesting. I like how you started to use hyperlinks:-)
Keep on learning!
Dr. Hala